Coronavirus / COVID-19 Resources for Financial Advisers
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Ministry of Health Healthline team on 0800 358 5453
Coronavirus (COVID-19) presents challenges for people and their businesses; you as advisers, your businesses and the people and business you serve.
With this rapidly developing situation Financial Advice New Zealand has chosen not to give you direct advice as it may be out of date the moment it is published. Instead, to support our goal of supporting you, we have sourced the following weblinks to provide you with the latest up to date information on the disease, its impact and what you can do to protect your self, your business, your clients and your loved ones.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for specific advice for your adviser businesses from the Financial Advice CEO & Practitioner Board Members.
– Financial advice is NOT considered an Essential Service. Message from the FMA, “Financial advice is not covered by the definition from the Government of workplaces/offices that need to remain open but it clearly remains an important service. Our expectation is that most advisers should be able to work from home, with no need to staff offices. This means advisers can continue to provide support to clients without compromising the Government’s social distancing objectives. We encourage advisers to contact their clients and be available to help with their inquiries during these challenging times.”
– The Government has delayed the start date for the new financial advice regime from June 29, 2020 to early next year, 2021. This means that the transitional licensing application window will also be extended until then. Full FMA announcement
– One month extension on submissions on the Financial Markets (Conduct of Institutions) Amendment Bill
– Information on AML when clients are in self-isolation (DIA advice to Auckland District Law Society)
– Guidance: Complying with AML/CFT verification requirements during COVID-19 Alert Levels
Financial Advice NZ Media Releases
IRD Update 31 March – Important message for Businesses
COVID 19 Inland Revenue Policy Initiatives – 26th March 2020
www.covid19.govt.nz New Government website launched 18 March as one place with all the information needed to “Unite against COVID-19”
Latest from the Ministry of Health on COVID-19 – The latest MOH information on the virus development
Business.Govt.NZ – A broad range of Government information specifically for businesses
Beehive – all the details of the Economic Response
Government website information on COVID-19 – Including sections on;
– Health Advice on how to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and protect vulnerable people
– Business Advice – employee and employer advice, tax relief etc
– Work Advice – health & safety at work, sick leave, financial support
– Advice on the community affect
– Government help line 0800 779 997, (9am to 5pm, 7 days a week
Work & Income – If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, Work & Income may be able to provide financial support. Whether you are self-isolating at home, or your work is affected.
SafeTravel – information on international travel advisories for New Zealanders
Other relevant pages on topics that are very relevant in this new environment
– Continuity Planning – BusinessNZ
– Workplace infectious disease protection – MoH. Your duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2018
World Health Organisation
Here is the main page for the World Health Organisation’s information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) The WHO also has some great videos on this topic, more are added as the days go by.
Financial Advice CEO Katrina Shanks interviews Hon Paul Goldsmith on COVID-19
Financial Advice CEO & Board Practitioners Advice for Financial Advisers
John Bolton – Practitioner Director Mortgage Advice. Our apologies, we are having trouble loading JB’s video advice. Please come back later today to view his video.