COVID-19 Resources for Financial Advisers
In response to the August 2021 COVID-19 lockdown, Financial Advice NZ has gathered a range of resources and information to help members and their clients navigate this trying time.
– The Government has announced a range of business support measures following the 17 August lockdown.
– Financial Advice NZ members need to be aware of what these are and how they can be used.
– This page provides a range of Financial Advice NZ and Government resources to help members and their clients.
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Ministry of Health Healthline team on 0800 358 5453 and visit www.covid19.govt.nz for the latest information.
Covid 19 information – Make sure you know what to do at Alert Level 4.
Alert Level 4 | What to do at alert level 4 – Information on what Alert Level 4 means for you
Doing business at Alert Level 4 | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz) – Find out if your business can operate at Alert Level 4.
COVID-19: Locations of interest | Ministry of Health NZ – get the updates on Location of Interests
Mental Wellbeing For You & Your Workplace — Mentemia – Your positive partner to mental wellbeing
– The FMA has issued an overall look at how Alert Level 2 will affect financial services businesses and staff. Read the FMA guidelines here
– Information on AML when clients are in self-isolation (DIA advice to Auckland District Law Society)
– Guidance: Complying with AML/CFT verification requirements during COVID-19 Alert Levels
Financial Advice NZ Health and Safety Toolbox
Government website information on COVID-19 – Including sections on;
– Health Advice on how to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and protect vulnerable people
– Business Advice – employee and employer advice, tax relief etc
– Work Advice – health & safety at work, sick leave, financial support
– Advice on the community affect
– Government help line 0800 779 997, (9am to 5pm, 7 days a week)
Latest from the Ministry of Health on COVID-19 – The latest MOH information on the virus development
Business.Govt.NZ – A broad range of Government information specifically for businesses
Work & Income – If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, Work & Income may be able to provide financial support. Whether you are self-isolating at home, or your work is affected.
SafeTravel – Information on international travel advisories for New Zealanders
Other relevant pages on topics that are very relevant in this new environment:
– Continuity Planning – BusinessNZ
– Workplace infectious disease protection – MoH. Your duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2018
Contact Tracing – To obtain posters and tracing app
Financial support – If you need support for the following:
– paid leave while you or staff wait for COVID-19 test results
– tax payment options
– wage subsidy if alert levels change.
Business Travel – If you or your employees need to cross Auckland’s Alert Level Boundary for work during Alert Level 3 you will need travel documents.
World Health Organisation
Here is the main page for the World Health Organisation’s information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) The WHO also has some great videos on this topic, more are added as the days go by.
Hand sanitiser – click here for details