Coronavirus / COVID-19 Resources for Financial Advisers
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Ministry of Health Healthline team on 0800 358 5453 and visit www.covid19.govt.nz for the latest information.
Update October 2020: The whole country is currently at Level 1.
– Financial Advice NZ resource providing a summary of insurers COVID-19 reponses
– The FMA has issued an overall look at how Alert Level 2 will affect financial services businesses and staff. Read the FMA guidelines here
– The Government has delayed the start date for the new financial advice regime from June 29, 2020 to early next year, 2021. This means that the transitional licensing application window will also be extended until then. Full FMA announcement
– One month extension on submissions on the Financial Markets (Conduct of Institutions) Amendment Bill
– Information on AML when clients are in self-isolation (DIA advice to Auckland District Law Society)
– Guidance: Complying with AML/CFT verification requirements during COVID-19 Alert Levels
– FMA expectations during COVID-19
Financial Advice NZ Health and Safety Toolbox
Financial Advice NZ Media Releases
Inland Revenue Update – 4 May
Inland Revenue has provided an update and more detail on tax changes to help businesses manage the impacts of COVID-19. They include the loss carry-back scheme, the new discretion-to-vary requirement, and the Small Business Cashflow Scheme. There are also details about a new working-from-home determination, which means business can pay employees who are working from home up to $20 a week tax-free for expenses such as additional heating costs and up to $400 per employee for furniture costs.
Click here for full report
IRD Update 31 March – Important message for Businesses
COVID 19 IRD Q& A – 3rd April 2020
Remittance of UOMI due to COVID-19 – 8th April 2020
www.covid19.govt.nz New Government website launched 18 March as one place with all the information needed to “Unite against COVID-19”
Latest from the Ministry of Health on COVID-19 – The latest MOH information on the virus development
Business.Govt.NZ – A broad range of Government information specifically for businesses
Beehive – all the details of the Economic Response
Government website information on COVID-19 – Including sections on;
– Health Advice on how to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and protect vulnerable people
– Business Advice – employee and employer advice, tax relief etc
– Work Advice – health & safety at work, sick leave, financial support
– Advice on the community affect
– Government help line 0800 779 997, (9am to 5pm, 7 days a week
Work & Income – If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, Work & Income may be able to provide financial support. Whether you are self-isolating at home, or your work is affected.
SafeTravel – information on international travel advisories for New Zealanders
Working from Home Expectations – Tips from Rival Wealth
Other relevant pages on topics that are very relevant in this new environment
– Continuity Planning – BusinessNZ
– Workplace infectious disease protection – MoH. Your duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2018
World Health Organisation
Here is the main page for the World Health Organisation’s information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) The WHO also has some great videos on this topic, more are added as the days go by.
Hand sanitiser – click here for details
Financial Advice CEO Katrina Shanks interviews Hon Paul Goldsmith on COVID-19
Financial Advice CEO & Board Practitioners Advice for Financial Advisers
John Bolton – Practitioner Director Mortgage Advice. Our apologies, we are having trouble loading JB’s video advice. Please come back later today to view his video.