COVID-19 Resources for Financial Advisers
This page provides a range of Financial Advice NZ and Government resources to help members and their clients. Financial Advice NZ members need to be aware of what these are and how they can be used.
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Ministry of Health Healthline team on 0800 358 5453 and visit www.covid19.govt.nz for the latest information.
The COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights)
The COVID-19 Protection Framework has replaced the Alert Level system It provides more flexibility for businesses as New Zealand manages COVID-19 in the community.
– Workplaces may open at all levels, provided they are not undertaking activities that are otherwise restricted. At red, workplaces are open, working from home may be appropriate for some staff.
– Workplaces must display NZ COVID Tracer app QR codes, but vehicles are not required to do this.
– In general, workers do not need to scan NZ COVID Tracer app QR codes if it is their usual place of work. However, all other persons on the premises are encouraged to scan or use alternative record keeping.
22 January 2022 – Covid-19: Omicron outbreak won’t trigger more Government support for businesses, but that could change, finance minister says – Click here to find out more
Covid 19 information – Make sure you know what to do under the traffic light system (COVID-19 Protection Framework)
COVID-19: Locations of interest | Ministry of Health NZ – get the updates on Location of Interests
Mental Wellbeing For You & Your Workplace — Mentemia – Your positive partner to mental wellbeing
– The FMA has issued an overall look at how Alert Level 2 will affect financial services businesses and staff. Read the FMA guidelines here
– Information on AML when clients are in self-isolation (DIA advice to Auckland District Law Society)
– Guidance: Complying with AML/CFT verification requirements during COVID-19 Alert Levels
Financial Advice NZ Health and Safety Toolbox
Government website information on COVID-19 – Including sections on;
– Health Advice on how to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and protect vulnerable people
– Business Advice – employee and employer advice, tax relief etc
– Work Advice – health & safety at work, sick leave, financial support
– Advice on the community affect
– Government help line 0800 779 997, (9am to 5pm, 7 days a week)
Latest from the Ministry of Health on COVID-19 – The latest MOH information on the virus development
Business.Govt.NZ – A broad range of Government information specifically for businesses
Work & Income – If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, Work & Income may be able to provide financial support. Whether you are self-isolating at home, or your work is affected.
SafeTravel – Information on international travel advisories for New Zealanders
Other relevant pages on topics that are very relevant in this new environment:
– Continuity Planning – BusinessNZ
– Workplace infectious disease protection – MoH. Your duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2018
Contact Tracing – To obtain posters and tracing app
Financial support – If you need support for the following:
– paid leave while you or staff wait for COVID-19 test results
– tax payment options
– wage subsidy if alert levels change.
Business Travel – If you or your employees need to cross Auckland’s Alert Level Boundary for work during Alert Level 3 you will need travel documents.
World Health Organisation
Here is the main page for the World Health Organisation’s information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) The WHO also has some great videos on this topic, more are added as the days go by.
Hand sanitiser – click here for details